Monday, August 28, 2006

While I'm shamelessly promoting my current PC hardware, here's another that I can claim bragging rights to.. :)

Dell 2405FPW vs Samsung 930BF LCD Monitors

Dell 24" 16:10 ratio (WideScreen in vertical position) (left)
Samsung 19" 4:3 ratio (right)


The 24" (diagonal length - top right corner to bottom left corner) is equivalent to a 19" in height, except it's in a widescreen format. The Dell 24" has a max/native resolution of 1920x1200 vs the Samsung of 1280x1024. In other words if you get a 19" widescreen LCD Monitor, then it's most likely it's equivalent to a 17" in height.


Here's a 'Neuro Hunter' wall paper on both screens (the Dell screen is my primary monitor, note the windows (blue) task bar on the bottom of the monitor.


Of course in order to run any recent games on the Dell at native resolution of 1920x1200 I needed to get a good Graphics Card in AGP form (as I shamelessly promoted below).Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Followers